Ribes uva-crispa 'Hinnonmaki Red'
Hinnonmaki Red Gooseberry, European Gooseberry
- Main interest:
- red fruit
- sun tolerant, full sun to partial sahde, moist soil
- Flower colour:
- white, June
- green, bright red in the fall
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4: -34.4 ° C (-30 ° F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 2-3 ft (0.6-0.9 m) width 4-6 ft (1.2-1.8 m)
- fruit or vegetable gardens, makes an attractive ornamental hedge
Hinnomaki yields a beautiful dark red fruit, with a tangy skin, and a sweet flesh. It has a perfect balance of acidity, flavour and light sweetness. The fruit matures fairly early and stays fresh on the bush. This gives you more than a full month to collect the fruits. Unlike other cultivars it produces fruit in the first year. White flowers bloom in the spring, and the green foliage turns to bright red, in the fall. Great eaten fresh or prepared in pies, and preserves.
$15.99 - $39.99