Aronia melanocarpa 'Viking'
Viking Black Chokeberry, Aronia Berry
- Main interest:
- beautiful fall colors and edible fruit used in jams, jellies, juices and pies
- full sun, moist to wet soils
- Flower colour:
- white, June to July
- glossy dark green
- USDA Hardiness:
- Zone 3: -40 ° C (-40 ° F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 8 ft (2,4 m) width: 5 ft (1,5 m)
- hedge, borders, naturalized areas and wet terrains such as bogs
The black chokeberry shows attractive clusters of white flowers in late spring. 'Viking' cultivar can grow up 8 feet tall. Fruits are slightly smaller than that of the 'McKenzie' cultivar. In the fall, the leaves turn into a reddish-orange colour. Grows in a variety of soils, including boggy soil. The fruit is bitter, and is popular in jams, jellies and pies.
$5.99 - $39.99
Synonym(s): Photinia melanocarpa