Ribes rubrum 'Pink Champagne' (mid-season)
- Main interest:
- showy edible fruit
- full sun to partial shade
- Flower colour:
- greenish-yellow, April to May
- green, aromatic when crushed
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 ° C (-40 ° F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 5 ft (1.5 m) width: 5 ft (1.5 m)
- fruit or vegetable gardens, makes an attractive ornamental hedge
Pink Currant has clusters of currants that are champagne blush/pink in colour. These currants are less tart than other species and may be eaten right off the shrub or used in jams, jellies and pies. This compact, deciduous, mounding shrub grows 5 feet tall with greenish-yellow flowers that bloom in the spring. Its green 3-5 lobed leaves are romatic when crushed.
Please use availability information as a guide only. The weather is a fickle thing, and impacts when our plants are actually available for shipping. Please be aware that we are not answering emails regarding plants availability. The best advice we can give you is to check back once in a while, choose a size option and check the current stock.
$14.99 - $35.99