Ribes uva-crispa 'Pixwell'
Pixwell Gooseberry, European Gooseberry
- Main interest:
- green fruit turning slightly red in full sun
- full sun to partial shade, medium water needs
- Flower colour:
- white-yellow, June
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4: -34.4 ° C (-30 ° F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 4 ft (1.2 m) width 4 ft (1.2 m)
- hedge, train, espalier, fruit or vegetable garden
Pixwell Gooseberry is a deciduous shrub grown for its plentiful yields of edible, large, tart berries which ripen in July. Its fruit may be eaten ripe off the plant or used in baking. Commoly used in fruit or vegetable gardens, but also makes an attractive hedge.
$11.99 - $29.99