Miscanthus sinensis 'Variegatus'
Variegated Japanese Silver Grass, Variegated Maiden Grass, Variegated Miscanthus, Variegated Eulalia Grass
- Main interest:
- showy flower
- full sun to partial shade, medium water needs
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- pink to red , July to February
- yellow to orange by mid-fall, beige-tan for winter
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5: -28.9 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 5-9 ft (1.5-2.7 m) width: 4-5 ft (1.2-1.5 m)
- privacy hedge, specimen, versatile ornamental grass
Variegated leaves, upward-arcing stems and leaves, and very showy pinkish red flowers set Miscanthus sinensis ‘Variegatus’ apart in the garden. Provides excellent winter interest. Grows to 9 ft tall, and makes a beautiful hedge. New fallen snow enhances the attractiveness as the foliage, and flower panicles keep a good arching shape that lasts throughout the winter.
Please use availability information as a guide only. The weather is a fickle thing, and impacts when our plants are actually available for shipping. Please be aware that we are not answering emails regarding plants availability. The best advice we can give you is to check back once in a while, choose a size option and check the current stock.