Actinidia arguta 'Weiki M' (male)
Weiki M Hardy Kiwi Vine, Male Hardy Kiwi
- Main interest:
- fast growing, beautiful foliage, green contrasting with red stem, pollinates Actinidia arguta female varieties
- partial shade to full sun, moist and well drained rich soil
- Flower colour:
- white, June to July
- mildly fragrant
- lime green leaves contrasting with reddish brown stems
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5a: -29 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 6 ft (2 m) width: 20 ft (6 m)
- patio overhead, trellis, fence, wall, arbour
Weiki M Hardy Kiwi or Actinidia arguta 'Weiki M' ('Weiki Male') is a male variety of the arguta Kiwi species. Although the Weiki M Hardy Kiwi Male plant won't bear any fruit, a male plant is absolutely necessary to successfully pollinate other Actinidia arguta female plant varieties. Even if they are not producing fruit, this male variety is a attractive ornamental vine on its own.
'Weiki M' is known for being one the hardiest. It can withstand temperatures as low as -30°C.
Each Hardy Kiwi Male plant can pollinate up to 8 female plants of the arguta species at most. Also please be aware this variety of Actinidia arguta does not pollinate Actinidia kolomikta female varieties (such as Actinidia kolomikta 'September Sun' and 'Actinidia kolomikta 'Vitakola').
$17.99 - $39.99
Also known as: Bower Actinidia, Saru-nashi Vine, Mini Kiwi, Kiwi Grape, Baby Kiwifruit, Kiwi Berries, Northern Kiwi, Siberian Kiwi, Siberian Gooseberry, Dessert Kiwi, Cocktail Kiwi, Siberian Kiwi