Parthenocissus tricuspidata 'Veitchii'
Boston Ivy, Japanese Creeper, Japanese Ivy
- Main interest:
- large trifoliate leaves have vibrant red, orange or purple fall colour
- full sun to partial shade, medium well-drained soil
- Flower colour:
- yellow green, spring
- green, turning red or purple in the fall
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 70 ft (21.3 m) width: 10 ft (3 m)
- foundation, wall climbing
Native to Asia, Boston Ivy is grown for its large trifoliate leaves and vibrant fall colour. The green leaves turn red or purple in the fall. Yellowish-green flowers bloom in the spring. It grows to 70 ft tall and 10 ft wide, working well as a foundation plant or vine.