Rubus fruticosus 'Chester'
- Main interest:
- showy flower and edible fruit
- full sun to partial shade, average water needs
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- pinkish-white, April to May
- dark greenin spring, pale yellow in the fall
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5: -28.9 ° C (-20 ° F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 5 ft (1.5 m) width: 5 ft (1.5 m)
- food crop, banks and slopes, cottage, hedging, screens, contianers
A thornless blackberry variety, Rubus fruticosus 'Chester' ,or Hardy Blackberry produces one crop each year. Pinkish-white 5 petal flowers bloom in the spring, followed by berries, in the summer. Best grown in moist, rich, slightly acidic soil. Prune the old canes to the ground in late winter, and tie up new canes for best results.
$13.99 - $35.99