Sambucus canadensis 'Aurea'
Golden Elder, Golden American Elderberry
- Main interest:
- golden yellow foliage, large clusters of fragrant white flowers, reddish purple to black berry-like fruits
- full sun to partial shade, medium to wet soil
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- white, June to July
- yellow, yellowish green, deciduous
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 12 ft (3.7 m) width: 10 ft (3 m)
- specimen, waterside
Golden Elder is grown for its golden yellow foliage and large clusters of white flowers in bloom June and July. This deciduous shrub grows to 12 ft high and 10 ft wide, working well as a border. Fruit is used for elderberry wine, jelly, and pie.
Please use availability information as a guide only. The weather is a fickle thing, and impacts when our plants are actually available for shipping. Please be aware that we are not answering emails regarding plants availability. The best advice we can give you is to check back once in a while, choose a size option and check the current stock.