Actinidia kolomikta ‘Pasha’ (male)
Variegated-leaf Hardy Kiwi Male, Pascha Arctic Kiwi Male, Male Kolomikta Vine
- Main interest:
- tri-coloured variegated foliage
- full sun to part shade. Average moisture, well-drained fertile soil
- Flower colour:
- white, June to July
- green with white and pink tips
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 20 ft (6 m) width: 10 ft (3 m)
- pergolas, fence, wall climbing
The Hardy Kiwi Male variety has heart-shaped pink, white and green leaves and small white fragrant flowers. Its leaves are more colourful than the female plants. Young plant leaves are green. It usually requires up to 3 years of growth for the first tricoloured leaves to appear. Leaves in full sun display more bright colours.
Males varieties of Actinidia kolomikta species don’t bear fruits.
Both a male and female plant are required to produce the females sweet, grape-sized fruit, which appears in early fall. One male plant of the kolomikta species can pollinate up to 8 female plants of the same species. Male Actinidia kolomikta can not pollinate female varieties of Actinidia arguta.
$16.99 - $38.99