Cortaderia selloana 'Pumila'
Pumila Pampas Grass, Dwarf Pampas Grass, White Pampas Grass
- Main interest:
- compact selection, plumes of creamy white flowers, great for cut and dried flowers
- full sun
- Soil humidity:
- dry to moist soil
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- Flowering period:
- August to September
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 6a: -23.5 °C (-10 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 4 ft (1.2 m) width: 3 ft (0.9 m)
- specimen, foundation, planter
This Dwarf Pampas Grass adds dramatic interest to your garden. Long sturdy stalks topped with creamy white fluffy plumes stand above dense green foliage. Panicles stretching up to 2 feet produce the creamy white flowers that then make way to tan coloured seeds. This hardy zone 6a Pampas Grass is one of the most cold hardy Pampas Grass. Perfect in cut or dried arrangements this grass is a garden must have! The Ivory Feathers Dwarf Pampas Grass foliage can also be used to make bouquets.
Synonym(s): Cortaderia argentea 'Pumila'