Leymus arenarius 'Blue Dune'
Blue Dune Lyme Grass
- Main interest:
- steal blue foliage
- full sun or partial shade, dry to moist well-drained soil, drought resistant
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- creamy yellow, mid to late summer
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 3 ft (0.9 m) width: 3 ft (0.9 m)
- control soil erosion, ground cover, containers
Leymus arenarius (Elymus arenarius) has striking steel-blue foliage, complimented by strong yellow flower heads. The blades will grow to a height of 3 ft, and the flower heads rise above the foliage. Use the spreading nature of Blue Lyme Grass to advantage and cover perennial beds, or contain it in pots and boxes for a vibrant counterpoint in the landscape. Flower heads bloom in mid to late summer.
Synonym(s): Elymus arenarius 'Blue Dune'