Panicum virgatum 'Shenandoah'
Shenandoah Switch Grass
- Main interest:
- green foliage with red tips that turn deep burgundy and reddish flowers which deepen in fall
- full sun, moist well-drained soil, adapts to wide range of soil conditions
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- red-deep purple, late summer to mid fall
- green with red to burgundy tips
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4: -34.4 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 3 ft (0.9 m) width: 3 ft (0.9 m)
- accent, containers, waterside, meadow and native grass gardens
A native North American switch grass, Panicum virgatum 'Shenandoah' has strikingly red-tipped green foliage, which changes from red to deep burgundy as the seasons progress. Red flowers bloom in late summer to mid fall, and can grow to 3 ft tall. This clumping grass works well as a border or accent, and looks spectacular planted in large drifts. Of interest summer to winter.
Please use availability information as a guide only. The weather is a fickle thing, and impacts when our plants are actually available for shipping. Please be aware that we are not answering emails regarding plants availability. The best advice we can give you is to check back once in a while, choose a size option and check the current stock.
$12.99 - $33.99