Panicum virgatum 'Shenandoah'
Shenandoah Switch Grass
- Main interest:
- green foliage with red tips that turn deep burgundy and reddish flowers which deepen in fall
- full sun, moist well-drained soil, adapts to wide range of soil conditions
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- red-deep purple, late summer to mid fall
- green with red to burgundy tips
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4: -34.4 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 3 ft (0.9 m) width: 3 ft (0.9 m)
- accent, containers, waterside, meadow and native grass gardens
A native North American switch grass, Panicum virgatum 'Shenandoah' has strikingly red-tipped green foliage, which changes from red to deep burgundy as the seasons progress. Red flowers bloom in late summer to mid fall, and can grow to 3 ft tall. This clumping grass works well as a border or accent, and looks spectacular planted in large drifts. Of interest summer to winter.
$12.99 - $33.99