Clematis 'Paul Farges' SUMMER SNOW
- Main interest:
- vigorous, hardy, wall climber, scented flowers
- full sun to partial shade, medium moist well-drained soil, very tolerant to poor soil
- Flower colour:
- white, mid summer to early fall
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 15 ft (4.6 m) width: 20 ft (6 m)
- wall climbing
While Clematis 'Paul Farges' isn't as showy as other Clematis cultivars, but it is favoured for its near-althletic wall climbing ability, and hardiness. It has green foliage, with dainty scented white flowers blooming in mid summer to late fall. It grows to 15 ft tall and 20 ft wide. Native to Southern Europe. It will be necessary to attach wires or a trellis to the wall to provide support for this variety. Pruning Group:3.
Group 1 – Flowers only on old wood (previous year). Prune after spring flowering.
Group 2 – Flowers on both old and new wood. Little pruning should be done for woody-stemmed members of this Group. If cut to the ground or pruned in fall or spring, flowering will be reduced or delayed, but not prevented.
Group 3 – Flowers only on new wood. Can be cut to the ground in fall or spring.
Synonym(s): Clematis fargesioides 'Summer Snow'