Actinidia arguta 'Mirzan' (female)
Mirzan Hardy Kiwi Vine
- Main interest:
- hardy Kiwi, medium sized deep purple fruits, early ripening
- partial shade to full sun, moist and well drained rich soil
- Flower colour:
- white, June to July
- rusty red-brown stem with contrasting green leaves
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5b: -26 °C (-15 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 6 ft (2 m) width: 20 ft (6 m)
- patio overhead, trellis, fence, wall, arbour
Hardy Kiwi is also known as kiwi berry, bower kiwi or tara vine. Mirzan Kiwi produces delicious, deep purple, medium sized fruits. It is one of the first of the arguta varieties to ripen in the early fall. Similar in size to a grape, but dare we say, even more beautiful, this Kiwi is prized for its sweet flavor. Grown not only to produce high yielding Mini Kiwi fruits, but also for its ability to grow fast, and strong as an ornamental vine.
In order to pollinate 6 to 8 female Kiwi plants one male Kiwi plant is required. We recommend to plant one of the following male varieties alongside your female Kiwi plants: Actinidia arguta ‘Weiki M’, Actinidia arguta ‘Meader’ or Actinidia arguta ‘Andrew’.
$19.99 - $55.99