Wisteria floribunda 'Murasaki-noda'
Purple Patches Japanese Wisteria, Murasaki-noda Wisteria
- Main interest:
- fragrant, white and purple bicolour flowers
- full sun
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- lavender white and violet blue
- Mildly fragrant
- Flowering period:
- May to June
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5a: -29 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 25 ft (7.5 m) width: 20 ft (6 m)
- ornamental vine, screening, trellis, wall, arbour
The Wisteria floribunda 'Murasaki-noda' have a spectacular show of white lavender and violet blue flowers on a backdrop of green foliage that will pour over your trellis or arbours Long masses of panicles (up to 3 feet) are packed with pea-like pale purple and blue flowers. Flowers are followed by attractive bean-like pods, which ripen late summer and can persist into winter. Enjoy the ever-changing beauty of this hardy climber.
Synonym(s): Wisteria floribunda 'Purple Patches'