Ribes rubrum 'White Pearl' (late-season)
- Main interest:
- edible, showy fruit, attracts birds, fragrant leaf
- full sun to partial shade, medium water needs
- Flower colour:
- greenish-yellow, April to May
- medium green, 3-5 lobed, aromatic when crushed
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 ° C (-40 ° F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 4 ft (1.2 m) width 4 ft (1.2 m)
- hedges, specimen
White Currant is a compact, mounding, deciduous shrub growing 4 feet tall. Yellow-green flowers bloom in the spring followed by white fruit, which ripens in July. Primarily grown for its fruit production, this variety is great for fruit and vegetable gardens, or used in ornamental hedges. Berries can be used for jams, jellies and pies. Its medium green leaves are aromatic when crushed.
Please use availability information as a guide only. The weather is a fickle thing, and impacts when our plants are actually available for shipping. Please be aware that we are not answering emails regarding plants availability. The best advice we can give you is to check back once in a while, choose a size option and check the current stock.
$13.99 - $33.99