Rosa 'William Baffin'
William Baffin Rose
- Main interest:
- fragrant climber, double pink flowers, hardy
- full sun, well drained, slightly acidic soil
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- semi-double, deep pink flowers summer to frost
- glossy, dark green
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 2a: −45.6 °C (−50 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 10ft (3m) width: 6ft (2m)
- cutting, espalier, privacy screen, hedge, specimen, urban garden
'William Baffin', a Kordesii hybrid, bears clusters of fragrant, semi-double, deep pink flowers in abundance in summer until frost. Grows 8-10' tall. A natural climber, it is spectacular on fences or arbors, but it can also it can be grown as a free standing shrub to 8ft. Glossy, dark green foliage. Equally at home in cottage, Mediterranean, rustic and contemporary gardens.Tolerates urban pollution. It is also exceptionally vigorous and hardy, the only recurrent climber available to gardeners in Zones 3 and 4. Attracts Butterflies. Blooms on new wood; prune in late winter to early spring to promote new growth.
$13.99 - $35.99