Imperata cylindrica 'Red Baron'
Japanese Blood Grass
- Main interest:
- variegated red and green foliage, upright form
- full sun or partial shade, dry to moist well-drained soil
- Growth type:
- variegated, green with red tips
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5: -28.9 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 2 ft (.6 m) width: 2 ft (.6 m)
- borders, accent, containers, ground cover
Imperata cylindrica 'Red Baron', a Japanese ornamental grass has a unique variegation. Commonly known as Japanese Blood Grass, it has red-tipped green blades. The red tips deepen and darken over the summer, reaching maximum saturation in the fall. It is an upright clumping grass that grows to 2 ft. Japanese Blood Grass is stunning planted in drifts or as a colour accent in borders. Plant with Hakonechloa macra ‘Aureola’ for excellent contrast and impact.
$12.99 - $29.99