Actinidia arguta 'Hardy Red' (female)
Hardy Red Kiwi Vine, Kiwi Grape Vine
- Main interest:
- bright red prized fruits in abundance
- partial shade to full sun, moist and well drained rich soil
- Flower colour:
- white, June to July
- yellow-green leaves with reddish brown stems and vince.
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5b: -26 °C (-15 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 10 ft (3 m) width: 20 ft (6 m)
- patio overhead, trellis, fence, wall, arbour
Actinidia arguta 'Hardy Red' or Hardy Red Kiwi is... you guessed it, a very hardy Kiwi with not only bright, ruby red, medium sized fruits, but also reddish brown stems that contrast beautifully with it's broad green leaves. This red kiwi plant is very popular for its almost tart yet sweet cranberry like flavor. Red skin, red flesh, an no peeling necesarry, just eat right off the stem! In order to pollinate 6 to 8 female Kiwi plants one male Kiwi plant is required. We recommend to plant one of the following male varieties alongside your female Kiwi plants: Actinidia arguta ‘Weiki M’, Actinidia arguta ‘Meader’ or Actinidia arguta ‘Andrew’.
$16.99 - $39.99