Cornus alba 'Kesselringii'
Kesselringii Tatarian dogwood, red-barked dogwood, siberian dogwood
- Main interest:
- deep purple winter stems, Dark red stems during spring and summer, pure white berries
- full sun to partial shade, tolerate large varieties of soil types
- Flower colour:
- cream-white, June to August
- dark green leaves, turn blood orange purple and red in fall
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 2: −45.6 °C (−50.7 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 4-6 ft ( 1.2-1.8 m) width: 3-6 ft (0.9-1.8 m)
- hedge, rain garden, pollinator-friendly, deer and rabbit resistant, banks, slopes, borders
One look at Cornus 'Kesselringii' in the late fall has us daydreaming about blood oranges. We can't get enough of these beautiful purple red-orange leaves that just shout, "Autumn has arrived". Once the leaves fall they reveal gorgeous smooth and shiny dark purple black stems. To top it all off this lovely black stemmed dogwood is incredibly hardy and easy to grow. Stems with leaves or bare are ideal for a beautiful Autumn bouquet or even as seasonal dinner decorations. Its hard to go wrong when growing this lovely dark red-barked tatarian dogwood in your garden.
Please use availability information as a guide only. The weather is a fickle thing, and impacts when our plants are actually available for shipping. Please be aware that we are not answering emails regarding plants availability. The best advice we can give you is to check back once in a while, choose a size option and check the current stock.
$10.99 - $27.99