Actinidia arguta 'Geneva' (female)
Geneva Hardy Kiwi Vine
- Main interest:
- early blooming of flowers and fruiting of Kiwis
- partial shade to full sun, moist and well drained rich soil
- Flower colour:
- white, June to July
- red brown Stems and dark green leaves
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5a: -29 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 6 ft (2 m) width: 20 ft (6 m)
- patio overhead, trellis, fence, wall, arbour
Actinidia arguta 'Geneva' or Hardy Geneva Kiwi is one of many absolutly beautiful Kiwi plants that we offer. Gorgeous dark green leaves contrast with the reddish stems. Will bloom and fruit a little bit faster than similar style Kiwis. Of course, the white flowers are pretty, and the fruit is not only tasty, but stunning as well - green and red fruits can grow in abundance.
In order to pollinate 6 to 8 female Kiwi plants one male Kiwi plant is required. We recommend to plant one of the following male varieties alongside your female Kiwi plants: Actinidia arguta ‘Weiki M’, Actinidia arguta ‘Meader’ or Actinidia arguta ‘Andrew’.