Actinidia arguta ‘Anna’ (female)
Anna Hardy Kiwi, Ananasnaya Hardy Kiwi Vine
- Main interest:
- fast growing, very hardy, dense green-yellow fruit
- partial shade to full sun, moist and well drained rich soil
- Flower colour:
- white, June to July
- rusty brown stems with contrasting green leaves
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5a: -29 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 6 ft (2 m) width: 20 ft (6 m)
- patio overhead, trellis, fence, wall, arbour
Hardy female Kiwi Plant Anna is not only a beautiful ornamental vine, it is also a commercially grown fruit that produces pounds of tasty grape-sized kiwi. These golden green fruit taste just like hairy kiwi, yet no peeling is needed. You can eat the whole fruit – skin and all. In order to pollinate 6 to 8 female kiwi plants one male kiwi plant is required. We recommend planting one of the following male varieties, alongside your female Kiwi plants: Actinidia arguta ‘Weiki M’, Actinidia arguta ‘Meader’ or Actinidia arguta ‘Andrew’.
$7.99 – $49.99
Synonym(s): Actinidia arguta 'Ananasnaya'