Actinidia arguta 'Chung Bai' (female)
Chung Bai Hardy Kiwi Vine
- Main interest:
- concave Apple/Heart shaped green fruits.
- partial shade to full sun, moist and well drained rich soil
- Flower colour:
- white, June to July
- reddish brown stems with yellow-green leaves
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5a: -29 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 6 ft (2m) width: 20 ft (6m)
- patio overhead, trellis, fence, wall, arbour
Actinidia arguta 'Chung Bai' or Chung Bai Kiwi for short is a Korean Grape Kiwi Variety. It is able to survive temperatures far below freezing (-25 °C). But, what makes this bower actinidia plant unique amongst the rest, is its peculiar shaped fruits: 4cm grape sized, and shaped like little Apples, or you might even say hearts.
Just like the other Grape Kiwis you can just eat this Kiwi right off the vine, no peeling necessary.
In order to pollinate 6 to 8 female Kiwi plants one male Kiwi plant is required. We recommend to plant one of the following male varieties alongside your female Kiwi plants: Actinidia arguta ‘Weiki M’, Actinidia arguta ‘Meader’ or Actinidia arguta ‘Andrew’.
$14.99 - $37.99