Rubus 'Hardy Black'
Hardy Black Blackberry, Hardy Blackberry
- Main interest:
- very hardy, heavy bearing, sweet blackberry
- full sun
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil; well drained
- Flower colour:
- Flowering period:
- April to May
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 5 ft (1.5 m) width: 5 ft (1.5 m)
- fruit production, hedges, edible gardens
Rubus 'Hardy Black' is a very hardy, thornless, erect blackberry variety from Nova Scotia. It features white flowers in spring. Starting in July, this hardy blackberry bears clusters of large, sweet and juicy fruits on spiny canes.
$14.99 - $37.99
Synonym(s): Rubus fruticosus 'Hardy Black', Rubus 'Balsors Hardy Black'