Campsis radicans 'Flamenco'
Orange-Red Trumpet Vine, Flamenco Trumpet Vine, Flamenco Trumpet Creeper
- Main interest:
- climbing, clusters of red-orange trumpets
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- Flowering period:
- July to September
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5a: -29 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 30 ft (9 m) width: 10 ft (3 m)
- patio overhead, trellis, fence, arbour
Do you want to add beauty to fences, arbours, or walls? Flamenco Trumpet Vine boasts trumpet-shaped red flowers with orange throats, which bloom in the summer. This self climber is fast growing, and its dark green foliage remains throughout the season. Flamenco features panicles of six to twelves flowers. Campsis radicans cultivars should be planted in a warm, sunny, sheltered locations to display the best flowers. Attracts Hummingbirds!
Synonym(s): Campsis 'Flamenco', Bignonia radicans 'Flamenco'
Also known as: Cow-itch Vine, Trumpetvine, Cow Vine, Hummingbird Vine, Hellvine, Foxglove Vine