Clematis 'Princess Diana'
Princess Diana Clematis
- full sun to part shade, average, moist, well drained soil
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- showy deep pink tulip shaped with paler margins, June to September
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4: -34.4 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 8 ft (2.4 m) width: 6 feet (1.8 m)
'Princess Diana' is a profuse summer bloomer, June to September. It's tulip-shaped, deep pink flowers (to 2.5” long) with paler pink margins, and cream and maroon stamens are striking. A classic vine for climbing fences, walls and arbours, it also exceptional as a rambling ground cover in beds and borders. Wonderful in a container for the small garden. Resistant to deer, and tolerant of Black Walnut. Pruning Group: 3.
Group 1 – Flowers only on old wood (previous year). Prune after spring flowering.
Group 2 – Flowers on both old and new wood. Little pruning should be done for woody-stemmed members of this Group. If cut to the ground or pruned in fall or spring, flowering will be reduced or delayed, but not prevented.
Group 3 – Flowers only on new wood. Can be cut to the ground in fall or spring.