Lonicera caerulea 'Berry Blue' (early-season)
Berry Blue Honeyberry, Canadian Haskap, Blue Honeysuckle
- Main interest:
- good pollinator, and fruiting variety
- full sun to partial shade, average water needs
- Flower colour:
- creamy white
- Flowering period:
- April to May
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 2: -45.6 ° C (-50 ° F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 4-5 ft (1.2-1.5 m) width: 4-5 ft (1.2-1.5 m)
- edible landscapes, orchards, hedges, screens, general garden use, mass planting
Berry Blue Honeyberry is a variety of haskap that matures early, and acts as a pollinator for all other varieties of haskaps, while simultaneously producing its own yield. This dense shrub boasts fragrant flowers, followed by large, dark blue edible berries that look like a cross between a blueberry. and a grape.
Please use availability information as a guide only. The weather is a fickle thing, and impacts when our plants are actually available for shipping. Please be aware that we are not answering emails regarding plants availability. The best advice we can give you is to check back once in a while, choose a size option and check the current stock.
$7.99 - $49.99
Synonym(s): Lonicera caerulea 'Czech#17', Lonicera caerulea 'Berry Smart Blue', Lonicera caerulea 'Polar Night', Lonicera caerulea 'Wild Honey'