Anemone 'Honorine Jobert'
Honorine Jobert Japanese Anemone, White Japanese Anemone
- Main interest:
- abundant bright white flowers, long lasting bloom, late bloomer, cut flowers, low maintenance
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil
- Growth type:
- slow running
- Flower colour:
- bright white
- Flowering period:
- August to September
- dark green
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 4 ft (1.2 m) width: 2 ft (0.6 m)
- pot/planter, foundation, border, mass planting, cut flower, good for pollinator species
Honorine Jobert Anemone is a white japanese windflower that grows up to 4 feet tall. The foliage is wispy, dark green, and grows in clumps. The flowers are a bright white with contrasting yellow stamens and appear abundantly in late summer into the early fall. Clean up dead leaves in the spring and remove spent flowers to improve plant health and visual appeal.
This white japanese anemone is beneficial for pollinator species, like bees and butterflies. It is resistant to most insects, diseases, rabbits and deers. Great for mass grouping and planting in containers/pots. Also, great for cut flowers in the fall. This plant is easy to grow and fairly low maintenance. Consider planting with protection from strong winds and keep moist, as this plant does poorly if it dries out in the hot summer months.
Synonym(s): Anemone x 'Honorine Jobert'
Also known as: Honorine Jobert Anemone, Honorine Jobert Windflower, White Japanese Windflower