Wisteria frutescens 'Amethyst Falls'
Amethyst Falls Wisteria, Amethyst Falls American Wisteria
- Main interest:
- fragrant, unique royal blue flowers with a yellow spot, spring bronze foliage
- full sun, well drained, acidic soil
- Growth type:
- fast growing, twining vine
- Flower colour:
- royal blue with a yellow spot, mid - late spring
- bronze, to green, then yellow
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5a: -29 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 30 ft (9 m) width: 2 ft (.6 m)
- ornamental vine, screening, trellis, wall, arbour
A North American selection, Amethyst Falls Wisteria produces a dense mass of cascading royal blue fragrant flowers from mid to late spring. The flowers, which hang like grape clusters, have an unique yellow spot. Has lovely bronze foliage in spring, which turns to green in summer, and yellow in the fall. Requires a support structure for its vigorous growth habit - have it cascade it down rock walls, over arbours; and climb trellises. A versatile garden show-stopper, it lends itself beautifully to modern, cottage, Asian, Mediterranean and rustic gardens. Attracts hummingbirds and butterflies, and resists deer.
Please use availability information as a guide only. The weather is a fickle thing, and impacts when our plants are actually available for shipping. Please be aware that we are not answering emails regarding plants availability. The best advice we can give you is to check back once in a while, choose a size option and check the current stock.