Thuja plicata 'Northern Spire'
Northern Spire Western Red Cedar, Pyramidal Cedar
- Main interest:
- compact Western Red Cedar, pyramidal evergreen, great for privacy hedge, low maintenance, deer resistant
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil; well drained
- Flower colour:
- Flowering period:
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 16 ft (5 m) width: 5 ft (1.5 m)
- hedge, screen, shrub border, vertical accent, specimen, small garden, container
Northern Spire Western Red Cedar (Thuja plicata 'Northern Spire') is a compact Western Red Cedar, discovered in British Columbia. A dense, tightly-branched conifer with a pleasing and uniform pyramidal shape, it grows to 16 feet tall. It has wonderful glossy, dark green, evergreen foliage. The foliage turns russet red in fall and winter. This Pyramidal Cedar is an excellent choice for visually impactful hedging and attractive privacy screens, as well as a specimen in space restricted gardens.
Northern Spire Western Red Cedar thrives in full sun in rich, evenly moist, well-drained soils. Hardy to USDA Zone 4.
$13.99 - $35.99
Also known as: Pyramidal Western Red Cedar, Cedar Hedge, Cedar Tree, Columnar Cedar, Tall Cedar, Columnar Western Red Cedar, Compact Western Red Cedar, Northern Spire Arborvitae, Northern Spire Western Arborvitae, Pyramidal Arborvitae, Canoe-cedar, Giant Arborvitae, Giant Cedar, Giant Red Cedar, Pacific Red-cedar, Shinglewood, Western Redcedar