Coreopsis verticillata 'Moonbeam'
Moonbeam Threadleaf Coreopsis, Moonbeam Coreopsis, Moonbeam Tickseed
- Main interest:
- profusion of pale yellow Coreopsis flowers, compact habit, drought tolerant, late bloomer, low maintenance
- full sun
- Soil humidity:
- dry to moist soil; well drained
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- buttery white
- Flowering period:
- July to September
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 2 ft (0.6 m) width: 2 ft (0.6 m)
- border, mass planting, foundation, specimen, rock garden, naturalization, container
Moonbeam Threadleaf Coreopsis is an attractive, award-winning perennial. This plant presents a bountiful display of delicate, buttery white blooms. The Moonbeam Tickseed flowers appear on long, slender stems that move beautifully in the wind above compact, finely divided, thread-like green foliage. Great for cut flowers. Flowering from July to September, this pale yellow Coreopsis is blooming until late in the season. The vericillata species is long-lived, and has a longer flowering time than other Coreopsis varieties.
Remove spent flowers to encourage new blooms. Coreopsis verticillata 'Moonbeam' is excellent for pollinator species, like bees and butterflies. Very easy to grow and low maintenance. It is perfect for mass plantings, borders and containers. Moonbeam Coreopsis is also drought tolerant and disease resistant.
$12.99 - $32.99
Synonym(s): Coreopsis 'Moonbeam'
Also known as: Pale Yellow Coreopsis, Moonbeam Threadleaf Tickseed, Moonbeam Whorled Coreopsis, Moonbeam Whorled Tickseed, Soft Yellow Coreopsis, Hardy Tickseed, Hardy Coreopsis, Pale Yellow Tickseed