Sedum 'Little Miss Sunshine'
Little Miss Sunshine Stonecrop, Little Miss Sunshine Sedum, Yellow-flowered Stonecrop
- Main interest:
- compact neat habit, with a profusion of yellow flowers, drought tolerant, shallow soil
- full sun
- Soil humidity:
- dry to moist soil; well drained
- Growth type:
- slow running
- Flower colour:
- Mildly fragrant
- Flowering period:
- June to July
- glossy dark green
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3a: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 8 in (20 cm) width: 1 ft (0.3 m)
- border, alpine and rock gardens, ground cover, edging, planters, containers, xeriscaping, green rooves, slopes and banks
Sedum 'Little Miss Sunshine' is a lovely, compact, mounding groundcover, with a profusion of starry yellow flowers from early to midsummer. Loved for its very dark green, glossy foliage. Perfect in combination containers, or the front of the border. A tough, drought tolerant plant, it can grow in very little soil, which makes it perfect for those little nooks and crannies in rock gardens, and between flagstones in the garden. Little Miss Sunshine attracts butterflies; and is deer and rabbit resistant.
Synonym(s): Sedum x 'Little Miss Sunshine'