Sambucus canadensis 'Kent'
Kent Elderberry, American Black Elderberry, Canada Elderberry, Common Elderberry, American Elder
- Main interest:
- high producing edible elderberries
- full sun to partial shade, average water needs
- Flower colour:
- white and yellow, April to June
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 8 ft (2.5 m) width: 6 ft (2 m)
- fruit production
The Kent Elderberry is a large variety of Sambucus canadensis that can produce multiple clusters of small but very sweet Elderberries. This variety is known for its very early season production of berries. Elderberry also has beautiful humbled white and yellow flowers. Elderberry is famous as a medicinal berry filled with vitamin C. Elderberries are best cooked into desserts or even made into tinctures. Elderberry has been used as a folk remedy for the common cold.
$6.99 - $39.99