Phalaris arundinacea 'Feesey' STRAWBERRY & CREAM
Tricolor Ribbon Grass, Strawberry & Cream Ribbon Grass
- Main interest:
- strawberry pink blush on green and white variegated foliage
- full sun to light shade, moist well-drained soil, moderately drought tolerant
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- brown, mid to late summer
- variegated green and white, blushed with pink
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 2: -45.6 °C (-50 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 2.3 ft (0.7 m) width: 4 ft (1.2 m)
- border, containers, specimen, waterside, ground cover
Phalaris arundinacea 'Feesey' is an exceptionally pretty grass to add to your borders and beds. The blades have lengthwise dark green and white stripes, with a strawberry pink blush in the spring and fall. Brown flowers bloom in mid to late summer. They flowers can grow to 2.3 ft tall and create a halo above the plant. Use its tendency to wander to your advantage and plant it where you need good coverage; or reign it in planters or containers. Of interest all seasons. Origin: Europe, Asia.
Synonym(s): Phalaris arundinacea 'Strawberry & Cream', Phalaris arundinacea var. picta 'Feesay'