Miscanthus sinensis 'Morning Light'
Morning Light Maiden Grass, Variegated Eulalia Grass
- Main interest:
- variegated leaves, fall colour
- full sun to partial shade, medium water needs
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- reddish-copper, August to October
- green, tint of silver, narrow, white variegation on the margins
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5: -28.9 ° C (-20 ° F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 5 ft (1.5 m) width: 4 ft (1.2 m)
- accent, specimen, groupings, bordeers, wild gardens, naturalizer, cottages
Morning Light Maiden Grass is a smaller version of the popular M.s. 'Gracillimus'. Known for its narrow green leaves with white variegation on the margins. Upright, round, clumping habit, typically reaching 4 to 6 feet tall. Small reddish-copper flowers appear above the foliage in late September, turning to white plumes as the seeds mature.