Monarda 'Petite Delight'
Petite Delight Bee Balm, Pink Bee Balm, Dwarf Bee Balm
- Main interest:
- pink flower, compact habit, not invasive, attracts pollinators, mildew resistant foliage, fragrant foliage
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil
- Growth type:
- slow running
- Flower colour:
- Flowering period:
- July to August
- dark green
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 1.5 ft (0.45 m) width:1.5 ft (0.45 m)
- border, mass planting, containers, pollinator garden, edible garden
Monarda ‘Petite Delight, is a lovely dwarf Bee Balm developed by the Morden Research and Development Centre in Manitoba. Not growing more than 18” tall, with a similar spread, it is a neat, compact perennial with a gorgeous, clear lavender-pink flower, which won’t overtake your garden. Pink Delight Bee Balm has selected as a mildew resistant Monarda.
The leaves and flowers are both fragrant, and edible. This Pink Bee Balm is equally at home in a border, as an edible or medicinal garden. Mass for a wonderful impact. Great in a small garden, and adds charm and fragrance to container plantings. The pretty flowers bloom from July to August, and attract butterflies, bees and hummingbirds to the garden. Cut for gorgeous fresh bouquets.
Synonym(s): Monarda x 'Petite Delight'
Also known as: Dwarf Monarda, Compact Monarda, Compact Bee Balm, Petit Delight Dwarf Bee Balm, Pink Bergamot, Dwarf Bergamot, Petite Delight Bergamot, Pink Fragrant Balm, Pink Robin-run-around, Mildew-resistant Monarda, Mildew resistant Bee Balm