Monarda didyma 'Jacob Cline'
Jacob Cline Bee Balm, Red Bee Balm
- Main interest:
- scarlet flowers, fragrant foliage, mildew resistant and attracts bees, hummingbirds and butterflies
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- Mildly fragrant
- Flowering period:
- July to August
- dark green
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 4 ft (1.2 m) width: 3 ft (0.90 m)
- borders, garden beds, ground-cover, containers, edible flowers
Jacob Cline Bee Balm is a traditional favourite in the garden. The 4 feet tall cultivar is mildew resistant. Large deep red flowers bloom in the summer. Its dark green leaves have an aroma of mint and basil. The nectar and fragrance are irresistible to bees and other pollinators. Ideal in beds, containers, and borders this perfectly sized plant will have you admiring all summer long. Jacob Cline is regarded as one of the best red Monarda varieties. As an added bonus the flowers and foliage are edible.
$14.99 - $37.99
Synonym(s): Monarda 'Jacob Cline'
Also known as: Scarlet Beebalm, Crimson Beebalm, Oswego Tea, Red Bergamot, Fragrant Balm, Robin-run-around