Pennisetum alopecuroides 'Hameln'
Hameln Dwarf Fountain Grass
- Main interest:
- showy plumes
- full sun to partial shade, medium to wet water needs
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- pinkish white, August to October
- dark green to russet gold in the fall
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5: -28.9 ° C (-20 ° F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 2-3 ft (0.6-0.9 m) width: 2-3 ft (0.6-0.9 m)
- specimen, mass planting, ground cover, rain garden,
Hameln Dwarf Fountain Grass is similar to other varieties in the the fountain grass species, however, the flower spikes are shorter, and the plant is more compact. the foliages is fine textured, upright, and arching. Deep green in colour, the foliage turns to yellow in the fall. Silver to pinkish-white flower spikes arch outwards in late summer.
Synonym(s): Cenchrus purpurascens 'Hameln'