Humulus lupulus 'Chinook'
- Main interest:
- produces hops for beer making
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- Flowering period:
- September to October
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 20 ft (6 m) width: 6 ft (1.8 m)
- patio overhead, trellis, fence, wall, arbour
Do you make your own beer? Do you want to? Why not grow the ingredients. Chinook hops aroma is spicy, pine-resiny, with citrus notes. Popular with both craft brewers. The Chinook Hops plant not only produces a key ingredient in beer but it is an attractive, fast growing vine. Growing 4-6 feet in its first year and twice that in the second year it can be trained to fan out over a fence, or arbour. Cheers!