Carex flacca 'Blue Zinger'
- Main interest:
- upright, green blue blades
- heavy shade to full sun. Medium to wet soils
- Growth type:
- slow runner
- Flower colour:
- white, July to August
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5: -28.9 ° C (-20 ° F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- Height: 1 ft (0.3 m), Width: 1.5 ft (0.45 m)
- border, mass planting, rain garden, groundcover, erosion control
Slightly larger, more upright than the species. This Blue Sedge develops captivating blue narrow leaves cascading to the ground. Well known for holding its blue color through the winter. This slow spreading grass is really low maintenance. It will eventually behave as an effective ground cover after several years of growth. One of the rare ornamental grasses thriving well in full shade.
Synonym(s): Carex glauca 'Blue Zinger'