Lobelia cardinalis 'Black Truffle'
Black Truffle Cardinal Flower, Black-leaved Cardinal Flower
- Main interest:
- dark chocolate foliage, showy red flowers, attracts hummingbirds and butterflies
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist to wet soil
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- Flowering period:
- July to September
- dark purple, almost black
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5a: -29 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 4 ft (1.2 m) width: 2 ft (0.6 m)
- borders, rain garden, mass planting, foundation
The Black Truffle Cardinal Flower is your answer for a vacant spot in a late summer garden, border, or rain garden. The bold purple-black foliage is a stunning backdrop for the showy, red flowers spikes that bloom from July to September. The dramatic foliage holds its colour well throughout the year. This very low maintenance, hardy plant will attract hummingbirds to your garden.
Please use availability information as a guide only. The weather is a fickle thing, and impacts when our plants are actually available for shipping. Please be aware that we are not answering emails regarding plants availability. The best advice we can give you is to check back once in a while, choose a size option and check the current stock.
$12.99 - $33.99