Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Nigrescens'
Black Mondo, Black Mondo Grass, Black Lilyturf
- Main interest:
- striking black foliage most of the season, salt, drought, deer and rabbit resistant
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil
- Growth type:
- slow running
- Flower colour:
- Flowering period:
- July to August
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 6a: -23.5 °C (-10 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 1 ft (0.3 m) width: 1 ft (0.3 m)
- borders, specimen, mass planting, container
Black Mondo Grass adds a striking garden contrast with its purple-green leaves that turn jet black when grown in the full sun. Bell shaped pink flowers make a debut in the summer and are followed by black berries in the fall. Use as this grass-like evergreen in beds, borders, edgings and rock gardens.
$12.99 - $34.99
Synonym(s): Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Black Dragon', Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Nigra', Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Ebony Night', Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Arabicus'