Sambucus canadensis 'Scotia'
Scotia Elderberry, American Black Elderberry, Canada Elderberry, Common Elderberry, American Elder
- Main interest:
- high producing super sweet elder berries
- full sun to partial shade, average water needs
- Flower colour:
- white and yellow, May to June
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40° C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 8 ft (2.5 m) width: 6 ft (2 m)
- fruit production
The Scotia Black Elderberry is a variety known for having the smallest but sweetest Elderberries. Elderberry also has beautiful humbled white and yellow flowers. Elderberry is famous as a medicinal berry filled with vitamin C. They are best cooked into desserts or even made into tinctures. Black Elderberry has been used as a folk remedy for the common cold.
$7.99 - $43.99