Actinidia arguta 'Purpurna Sadowa' (female)
Purpurna Sadowa Hardy Kiwi Vine
- Main interest:
- long lasting, late ripening. deep red fruits,
- partial shade to full sun, moist and well drained rich soil
- Flower colour:
- white-green, June to July
- lime colored leaves with rusty orange-brown stems
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5b: -26 °C (-15 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 6 ft (2 m) width: 20 ft (6 m)
- patio overhead, trellis, fence, wall, arbour
This hardy Kiwi plant is known for its almost eggplant purple to deep red fruits that last much longer than other varieties. These Kiwis will ripen in the fall long after you have eaten the fruit of your other Kiwi varieties. Not only a very delicious Kiwi, but a beautiful ornmental vine that look beautiful growing up a pole or fence with its green leaves contrasting with the purple-red fruit. It can tolerates temperatures as low as -28 °C. In order to pollinate 6 to 8 female Kiwi plants one male Kiwi plant is required. We recommend to plant one of the following male varieties alongside your female Kiwi plants: Actinidia arguta ‘Weiki M’, Actinidia arguta ‘Meader’ or Actinidia arguta ‘Andrew’.
Please use availability information as a guide only. The weather is a fickle thing, and impacts when our plants are actually available for shipping. Please be aware that we are not answering emails regarding plants availability. The best advice we can give you is to check back once in a while, choose a size option and check the current stock.
$22.99 - $55.99