Actinidia arguta 'Andrew' ('Andrey') (male)
Andrew Male Hardy Kiwi Vine
- Main interest:
- hardiest actinidia arguta male, pollinates arguta female, fast growing, beautiful foliage
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- Mildly fragrant
- Flowering period:
- June to July
- lime green leaves with green stems
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 9 ft (2.7 m) width: 20 ft (6 m)
- patio overhead, trellis, fence, wall, arbour
Actinidia arguta ‘Andrew' is a male variety of the arguta Kiwi species. Although Andrew hardy male Kiwi plant won’t bear any fruit, a male plant is absolutely necessary to successfully pollinate your other Actinidia arguta female plant varieties. Even if they are not producing fruit, this male variety is a attractive ornamental vine on its own.
‘Andrew’ is known for being the hardiest male cultivar. It can withstand temperatures as low as -37°C.
Each Actinidia arguta Male Kiwi plant can pollinate up to 8 female plants of the arguta species at most. Also please be aware this variety of Actinidia arguta does not pollinate Actinidia kolomikta female varieties (such as Actinidia kolomikta ‘September Sun’ and ‘Actinidia kolomikta ‘Vitakola’).
$17.99 - $43.99
Synonym(s): Actinidia arguta 'Andrey' (official name)
Also known as: Tara Vine, Bower Actinidia, Saru-nashi Vine, Mini Kiwi, Kiwi Grape, Baby Kiwifruit, Kiwi Berries, Saru-nashi Vine, Northern Kiwi, Siberian Kiwi, Siberian Gooseberry, Dessert Kiwi, Cocktail Kiwi