Callicarpa dichotoma f. albifructa
- Main interest:
- pearl-like white fruit remains through early winter
- full sun, to partial shade, medium moist well-drained soil
- Flower colour:
- pink, June to August
- green, deciduous
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5: -28.9 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 6 ft (1.8 m) width: 6 ft (1.8 m)
- specimen, hedge
Cascades of striking glossy pearl-like white fruit tightly hug the arching branches of this beautyberry. Fruits persist after foliage has fallen in the autumn and add a beautiful accent to the winter garden. Pink-white flowers bloom June to August. This deciduous shrub can grow to 6 ft in height and width. Wonderful tall border plant when planted in groups. Native to China.
Synonym(s): Callicarpa dichotoma 'Albifructus', Callicarpa dichotoma 'Albibacca', Callicarpa dichotoma 'Alba'