Athyrium filix-femina 'Frizelliae'
Tatting Fern, Tatting Lady Fern
- Main interest:
- low maintenance, pest free, long lasting green foliage
- partial to full shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil
- Growth type:
- slow running
- Flowering period:
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 1 ft (0.3 m) width: 1 ft (0.3 m)
- border, ground cover, rock gardens, naturalizing
The Tatting Lady Fern is a small, easy to grow addition to a rock garden, border or a shade garden. Its unique leaves are crinkled and round and look somewhat like a string of beads. This pest resistant plant is open and delicate in appearance and remains green throughout the season.