Stinging Nettle, Common Nettle
- Main interest:
- wild food and medicinal value, butterfly nesting habitat and food
- full sun to partial shade, medium moist soil
- Flower colour:
- pale yellow, May to October
- green, toothed and hairy
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4: -34.4 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 4 ft (1.2 m) width: 3.3 ft (1 m)
- compost activator, attracts beneficial insects, plant fertilizer
Stinging Nettle plant is well known for its toothed, hairy green leaves and for its sting. A long history of medicinal, culinary, textile (dye and spinning fibre), and horticultural uses. Common Nettle also has horticultural use as a plant '"food". Tiny pale yellow flowers bloom in May to October. Grows to 4 ft tall and 3.3 ft wide, attracting beneficial insects and butterflies to the garden. When handling Stinting Nettle, remember to wear your gloves! Native to Asia and Europe. CLICK HERE for our DIY STINGING NETTLE TEA FERTILIZER RECIPE!
Please use availability information as a guide only. The weather is a fickle thing, and impacts when our plants are actually available for shipping. Please be aware that we are not answering emails regarding plants availability. The best advice we can give you is to check back once in a while, choose a size option and check the current stock.
$9.99 - $27.99