Lobelia speciosa STARSHIP™ 'Blue'
Blue Cardinal Flower, Blue Hybrid Lobelia
- Main interest:
- reblooming, abundant blue-purple flowers, attracts hummingbirds and butterflies
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- Flowering period:
- July to September
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 6a: -23.5 °C (-10 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 2.5 ft (0.75 m) width: 1.5 ft (0.45 m)
- borders, rain garden, mass planting, foundation
The STARSHIP™ Blue Cardinal Flower is your answer for a vacant spot in a late summer garden or border. The deep violet blue flowers spikes bloom from July to September and have huge reblooming flower power. The green foliage remains and does not turn bronze like other Lobelia. This very low maintenance, hardy plant will attract hummingbirds to your garden.
Please use availability information as a guide only. The weather is a fickle thing, and impacts when our plants are actually available for shipping. Please be aware that we are not answering emails regarding plants availability. The best advice we can give you is to check back once in a while, choose a size option and check the current stock.
$12.99 - $33.99
Synonym(s): Lobelia x speciosa STARSHIP™ 'Blue', Lobelia cardinalis x siphilitica STARSHIP™ 'Blue'